View this post on the new Weather Sweater blog here:
Here are the questions discussed in my last post. My Intercultural Communications professor, also my favorite professor, had our class do a project where we interviewed 3-4 international students with these questions. We were also supposed to answer and then analyze all of the answers and see how culture came into play with how we responded, both verbal and nonverbal. COOLEST PROJECT EVER.
I have found that these questions are just really provocative in general. Try interviewing one or two other people with them and see what kinds of answers you get. Don’t forget to answer them yourself!!
1. Describe your family lineage or constellation … parent(s), brothers, sisters, ages, birth order, grandparents & etc.
2. What is one word you would use to describe yourself as a child?
3. If you could change one thing about how you were raised as a child, what would it be?
4. How do you recharge or recuperate your energy at the end of a difficult day?
5. If you were to thank one person for helping you become the person you are today, who would it be and why?
6. When are you the happiest?
7. What one memory do you most treasure?
8. Fill in the blank: If you really knew me, you’d know_____.
9. What would you be doing if you weren’t a student or at your current job?
10. What more are you wanting as a student or in your career right now?
11. How do you react to stress?
12. What movie or novel character do you most identify with?
13. What quality in yourself would you hate to see emulated in others, especially children? 14. If you were to start a company from scratch, what values would you build it on?
15. What would you most regret not having accomplished by the end of your life?
16. What characteristic do you most admire in others?
17. What kind of impact do you believe you have on people?
18. What super power would you like to have?
19. What would your “perfect” day consist of?
20. What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in the last year?
21. How do you think your coworkers/peers see you?
22. If you ruled the world, what would you change on Day 1?
23. If you knew you only have one year left to live, would you change anything about the way you are living right now?
24. What one thing about yourself do you want in your elegy?
25. What are you most afraid of, relating to failing?